Connection Tripadvisor by XML (content API)
If you don´t have the account created yet on Tripadvisor, you can do it by filling this web form.
Hostaway is proud to say that you can apply for a special XML connection with TripAdvisor!
You can signup for this connection when you have 25 or more listings within Hostaway.
Please note that this step will only create your listings in Tripdvisor.
When you have successfully applied for this type of direct connection, you will be able to automatically create new listings inside TripAdvisor.
Please note that the connection DO NOT:
- Allow updating seasonal rate (Can only push the base rate that you can edit in Listing > Edit. When editing, we will push this information to all dates in Tripadvisor. This means that the rates under Calendar will not be pushed)
- LOS will not be pushed to Tripadvisor.
- To push the inventory, you have to set up the iCal once the listing has been created
The time to go live after the signup will depend on multiple factors and may vary from 2 weeks to 2 months.
- Before you start, please ensure you have everything needed to connect:
- All the listings you have and those that you would like to connect to TripAdvisor should be created in Hostaway.
- You have updated all listings in Hostaway: Go to Listings menu then edit every listing and make sure you have updated all fields and content.
- You are willing to sign a special contract with Tripadvisor for the Tripadvisor API connection use.
- Start the connection request:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your Hostaway account email address.
- You will then receive the needed information to start the Tripadvisor signup process.
- When contracts are signed, we will schedule the push for listing update/creation.
- When the push is completed, you should verify the content
Once a property is live on Tripadvisor, you can connect it through an iCal calendar link under Tripadvisor/flipkey ical in Channel Manager > Channels.
1-Way API Connection will only support 1 TripAdvisor account connected to your Hostaway dashboard. For multiple accounts, you may use manual iCals to manage calendar availability.
Don't forget to then connect your created listings via iCal.