How to connect Hostaway to Expedia?
Important to read before connecting
- Expedia only exports reservations made 30 days before the connection date for future check-ins
- Missing reservations need to be added as direct bookings in Hostaway to block your calendar and avoid overbookings
- In Expedia, listings have an inventory of 1. Except if you plan to use the Multi-unit feature
- You will need to ask Expedia to forward guest email and cc details to my channel manager
- I'm aware that room changes or cancelation requests with penalty fees are not compatible with the channel manager
- When/if you change your room mapping in Expedia after connecting to Hostaway, you will need to remap your listing in Hostaway
- The maximum Length of Stay allowed by Expedia is about 27 nights
- You can have the LOS that you wish but Hostaway will always push 27 nights as a maximum
- i.e: If your LOS is 31 nights, it will be 27 nights for Expedia
- When Hostaway push Length of Stay to Expedia, for example, the minimum stay is 8 days and in Expedia, your account's minimum stay is 1 day. Expedia will not accept the update with +5. To make changes possible, please log in to Expedia and change it to 5 days as a standard so any range between 1 and 10 days will be accepted
Connecting to Expedia
Apply for a connection within Expedia Partner Central
- Go to your Partner Central for the property
- Choose Rooms and Rates > Expedia connectivity settings
- Some accounts do not have access to the Channel Manager option within the Expedia partner central. If your account does not have a Channel Manager option, please contact Expedia and ask them to enable it for your properties. If you don´t have an account with Expedia yet, please use this link to sign up
- If another provider is already connected, click on Disconnect
- In Selected Provider, click on Edit
- In Provider for updating rates and availability, enter Hostaway
- In Provider for receiving reservations, enter Hostaway, two-way connection, and click "Connect"
- Then click on "Download rates and room mapping"
Connecting the property on Hostaway
- Go to Channel Manager > Channels > Expedia > Configure
- Click on "Connect New Expedia Property"
- Add the Property ID and Hostaway will download all the room categories
- Assign each room category to a property inside Hostaway
- Make sure you assign all room categories!
Check rates, markups, and availability
Once the rooms are Mapped follow the next steps:
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Channel Manager
- Select the listing > Click on Settings
- By default, the mark-up is 100%