Beta stage: functions in the beta stage could not be fully tested before we released it to the public. When using a beta stage function keep a close eye on its behavior and report issues in detail to email@example.com.
With the Hostaway function for tasks, you can have tasks created automatically based on reservation events.
Create an auto task
Go to menu "Tasks" > "Auto tasks" tab
When you have created your task, you will get all the details in one easy overview. At the top right, you can use the filter options to choose which column information you want to view and you can export the auto tasks overview to CSV and by iCal.
To start creating your auto task, click on the button "Add" that is found at the top right corner.
You can then fill in and provide basic information for your automated task:
- Title: Can contain any short description of the task ex. "Cleaning, Reservation check, Invoice check", etc.
- Priority: Some tasks that are assigned to a user might have a higher priority to be done than others. For example, 'Paint the window' might have a lower priority than 'Fix the door lock'. You can set the priority with number 5 as the highest and 1 as the lowest.
- Description: The task can have a full description of what it is about. If you are creating a task that contains multiple steps to complete, for example, 'Add a breakfast basket in the room' can contain multiple sub-tasks. You can create a checklist template first and add it to the auto task to keep the description shorter.
- Smart task: When the task is based on a reservation and this option is activated, the dates and times will change based on reservation date modifications.
- Cancel on reservation cancellation: When activated, the task will get the status 'cancelled' if the reservation is canceled.
Set the schedule for the auto task
Your auto tasks are created based on the selected event and the time before or after this event will happen. For example, you can give it the option to activate the task 12 hours before check-in and should end by 3 hours before check-in.
- Can start from event and delay: these options allow you to create tasks that adjust themselves based on reservation events:
- Check-in with a timing delay up to 72 hours before or after an event
- Check-out with a timing delay up to 72 hours before or after an event
- Next check-in with a timing delay up to 72 hours before or after an event
- Next check-out with a timing delay up to 72 hours before or after an event
- Previous check-in with a timing delay up to 72 hours before or after an event
- Previous check-out with a timing delay up to 72 hours before or after an event
Select what channel and/or listing the task applies to
Tasks can be created based on all or an independent channel, all listings or a specific listing. For example, you might need to manually charge your guests from Booking.com by your Stripe account. For this, you can create an auto task that only applies to your Booking.com reservations and is assigned to a specific user that handles the payments. Another task might be for a specific listing, for example, sending a special door access code to the guest.
Note: You can't select multiple individual channel or listings. In those cases, you need to create the auto task for every listing or channel separately.
Auto-assign the tasks to a user or leave it open for a user group
When you have created new users accounts or groups in Hostaway, you can assign the task to the user or have it available to a group of users ex. cleaners.
- Assignee user: You can use this if the task always belongs to a specific team member
- Supervisor user: You can use this if the task is monitored by a specific team member
- Active: You can temporarily de-activate the auto task creation task
- Checklist template: You can select a checklist template for the specific auto task
- Can be picked by group: If you have created a user group in your account, for example: 'Cleaners', any cleaner in this group can pick the task
Add some budgeted costs to the auto task
Some tasks might come with standard expenses you agree on to use for the task. You can add that in this part of the auto task creation setup:
When you have completely filled in the auto tasks, you can save it by clicking on the "Save" button. Please be advised to check its behavior for the first new events after you created the auto task.
Note: When you edit an auto task setup, the new settings only apply to new tasks and will not change the previously created ones.