The Hostaway software allows you to create new listings on HomeAway by automatic export. HomeAway will connect your current listings if you have them to these newly created listings. This way you are able to have your new properties listed on HomeAway.com in a quicker way then when you do this manually.
- The listing export is only available for Hostaway accounts that have 5 or more active listings.
- You need to have a signed content API contract with HomeAway and be in touch with a HomeAway pre-implementation specialist.
- Homeaway supports 5 currencies: USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, AUD
- You can get in contact with Homeaway using the webform (if you need further assistance, please let us know)
Step 1: Requesting Content Export contract from HomeAway
Get in contact with the HomeAway pre-implementation manager. Make sure you mention channel management software Hostaway OY and provide the Hostaway account ID in the comment section (You can find your Hostaway account id in Dashboard under settings menu). Once you have the signed contract, you can proceed by updating the listing details in your Hostaway account to make sure your listings are ready for export. It is important that you update all your listing details before you request the access to the HomeAway content export program. Please let us know that your account is ready and we will activate Homeaway export option for you.
Step 2: Preparing for Content Export
In your Hostaway account, update all the listings by menu Listings > Edit button per listing and provide as much information as possible. Specifically:
- Basic information tab.
- Correct and full address details of the listing.
- Prices, fees & taxes.
- Under additional info the Check-out, check-in start, check-in end time and square meters.
- The channel-specific: title, headline, description and upload a HomeAway rentals agreement PDF
- Please make sure in Channel specific the Property Name must be between 20 - 30 characters and Property Description must be 400 characters or more.
- Select if you process the payments by credit card or send an invoice manually to guests with payment instructions. When you select Allow invoice payment? Yes, you will need to manually send invoices to the guest to pay by bank or cash on arrival. When you select No, HomeAway will send CC details by Hostaway to your Stripe account to charge the guest by.
- Add the contact person information.
- Add the bed types per property information
- Add in the Minimum Age Rule by going to Channel Manager > Channels > Configure Homeaway > Settings. Add in the minimum age of renter and click on Save.
Step 3: Request the Hostaway to HomeAway export for your listing(s)
- Go to menu channel manager > channels > HomeAway VRBO > configure > export your listings.
- Copy the inquiry email address for your Hostaway account, send this to your HomeAway account manager. (If you have not provided it already send them also your Hostaway account id number you find under the menu settings.)
- After Hostaway support has confirmed the export to be live it may take up to 24 hours before the listing is showing on HomeAway.
How to handle payments
Make sure that you have Stripe account connected with Hostaway before the integration. Once the integration is completed you will be able to charge your guest directly via Stripe or Hostaway. Please find more information about guest invoicing here.
When you export your listing to HomeAway, it creates an XML connection between Hostaway and HomeAway software. From this moment forward, the changes you need for your property details, rates and communication needs to be handled by your Hostaway software. The Hostaway software supports the very well working basic configurations for HomeAway however when you are looking for advanced pricing, discount rate plan options to set up in HomeAway it is possible the software does not support this yet. When you need an adjustment that is not supported, let us know. We evaluate if and if so when it is expected to be possible to support this new setting.
Time and settings review
Hostaway aims to have you exporting the highest quality listings to HomeAway.com in the fastest way possible. However, you as the manager, remain fully responsible to verify your listings and settings on HomeAway.com after export at all times.