The Hostaway software allows you to create new listings on HomeAway by automatic export. HomeAway will connect your current listings if you have them to these newly created listings. This way you are able to have your new properties listed on HomeAway.com in a quicker way then when you do this manually.
- The listing export is only available for Hostaway accounts that have 5 or more active listings.
- You need to have a signed content API contract with HomeAway and be in touch with a HomeAway pre-implementation specialist.
You can apply to this program if your listings are based in one of the following countries.
United Kingdom www.homeaway.co.uk
Homeaway now supports 5 currencies: USD, CAD, E, NZD, AUD
How it works
When you are using HomeAway already or wish to get on HomeAway, you will first need to get in contact with them. By the links below, you can send your request and a HomeAway pre-implementation specialist will reach out to you in the next couple of weeks. They will review with you your business, regimentation needs, payment details etc. and send you a special contract.
When you are in contact with the HomeAway pre-implementation manager and you have signed the contract, you can proceed by updating the listing details in your Hostaway account to make sure your listings are ready for export. It is important that you update all your listing details before you request the access to the HomeAway content export program. If you prefer to have a pre-call with one of our Hostaway specialist, feel free to request one by contacting support.
When you have updated your listings, you are ready to request the access to the export program. Below. we have outlined the steps and after we have received your requests, reviewed the listings and confirmed the export, your HomeAway account manager is able to review the new listing data within 24 hours after the export took place.
For any new listing that you'd like to add later to the Hostaway software, it only needs you to update the details of the listing and request export in Hostaway for that specific listing. We usually check the listings on work days within 72 hours and release them to be shown on HomeAway.
When you export your listing to HomeAway, it creates an XML connection between Hostaway and HomeAway software. From this moment forward, the changes you need for your property details, rates and communication needs to be handled by your Hostaway software. The Hostaway software supports the very well working basic configurations for HomeAway however when you are looking for advanced pricing, discount rate plan options to set up in HomeAway it is possible the software does not support this yet. When you need an adjustment that is not supported, let us know. We evaluate if and if so when it is expected to be possible to support this new setting.
Get started with your HomeAway export project
Step 1: Requesting Content Export contract from HomeAway
Send an email to HomeAway, make sure you mention channel management software Hostaway OY and provide the Hostaway account ID in the comment section.
(You can find your Hostaway account id in Dashboard under settings menu).
- If located in NA, EMEA: Use the webform
- If located in South America, APAC or Australia: Let us know, we will help you contacting Homeaway :)
Step 2: Preparing for Content Export
- In your Hostaway account, update all the listings by menu Listings > Edit button per listing and provide as much information as possible. Specifically:
- Basic information tab.
- Correct and full address details of the listing.
- Prices, fees & taxes.
- Under additional info the Check-out, check-in start, check-in end time and square meters.
- The channel-specific: title, headline, description and upload a HomeAway rentals agreement PDF
- Please make sure in Channel specific the Property Name must be between 20 - 30 characters and Property Description must be 400 characters or more.
- Select if you process the payments by credit card or send an invoice manually to guests with payment instructions. When you select Allow invoice payment? Yes, you will need to manually send invoices to the guest to pay by bank or cash on arrival. When you select No, HomeAway will send CC details by Hostaway to your Stripe account to charge the guest by.
- Add the contact person information.
- Add the bed types per property information
- Add the Minimum Age Rule for each property by going to Additional Info and entering it in the House Rules section. The Minimum Age should be no less than 18 years old, per HomeAway’s terms and conditions. Ex. "You must be 18 years old or older".
Please note that only these currencies are supported:
- When you are processing payment by credit card, you need to connect a Stripe.com account to your Hostaway software.
- Add in the Minimum Age Rule by going to Channel Manager > Channels > Configure Homeaway > Settings. Add in the minimum age of renter and click on Save.
Step 3: Request Hostaway to HomeAway Content Export access
(The following is only needed during the first time you request Hostaway to HomeAway Export access. When you were already approved before go to Step 4)
- When HomeAway approved your account you go to Hostaway Channel manager > Channels > HomeAway VRBO and click on Configure button.
- Click on one of the Grey export buttons and a message box will open up.
- Send us a message with the following details:
- Your Hostaway account email
- Your HomeAway pre-implementation specialist name
- The Hostaway listing numbers you are planning to export
- If you will charge the guests by Stripe Credit Card or will send them invoices outside of Hostaway.
- On working days, the Hostaway support team will contact you with a call invite to review request.
Step 4: Request the Hostaway to HomeAway export for your listing(s)
- When you have completed the steps 2 and 3 you can export the listings
- Go to menu channel manager - channels - HomeAway VRBO - click on configure button
- Only for the first time you export to HomeAway
- Click on the button settings in the top and adjust the settings mentioned
- Copy the inquiry email address for your Hostaway account, send this to your HomeAway account manager. (If you have not provided it already send them also your Hostaway account id number you find under the menu settings.)
- Close the window
- Only for the first time you export to HomeAway
- Click on the green export buttons behind the listings you like to export so they have the status waiting for support review
- Customer support will review your listings on business days within 72 hours and inform you when ready.
- After Hostaway support has confirmed the export to be live it may take up to 24 hours before the listing is showing on HomeAway.
Time and settings review
Hostaway aims to have you exporting the highest quality listings to HomeAway.com in the fastest way possible. However, you as the manager, remain fully responsible to verify your listings and settings on HomeAway.com after export at all times.