How to connect Vrbo by iCal?
Please note that an iCal connection will only sync availability - to connect to Vrbo via API with the full sync, you should read this article.
You can find more general information about iCal here.
Connect to Vrbo via iCal
Once a property is live on Vrbo, you can connect it through the iCal calendar link. Please follow the next steps to connect your Vrbo listings through iCal:
- Before you start, please ensure you have everything needed to connect:
- All listings you have on Vrbo are also created in Hostaway
- When you log into the Vrbo calendar you see in the top right corner the menu option "Import & Export" calendar
- Decide if you would like to include "Tentative reservation requests" as a booking or not
- Setup your connection per listing:
- Log in to your Hostaway account and go to Channel Manager > Channels
- Click on "Activate" or "Configure" for Vrbo iCal
- In the new window, at the top, select the listing you would like to map to Vrbo
- Copy the Hostaway export iCal link
- Go to Vrbo > Listing Calendar > click on "Import calendar" > Insert the link > Save. You should instantly see that your Vrbo calendar gets blocked for reservations that you have in Hostaway
- From Vrbo you can export the reservations. When you get the link, it asks you if you would like to include or exclude "Tentative" (inquiries) reservations. Turn this option off if you would not like to import them and copy the link
- Add the link in Hostaway where it asks for the import link
- After completing this, verify if all reservations are synced and dates are correctly blocked on both sides
- When you get an error "Vrbo cannot import iCal": Try a couple of times - sometimes it takes 5 or more attempts to get it importedHostaway imports the updated reservations by iCal every 30 minutes. Vrbo imports and updates any iCal calendar every 60 minutes
- When you get a reservation in Vrbo and urgently need to block off the dates, block them manually in the Hostaway calendar until the new sync comes in
To learn more please watch this quick video.