How to connect an existing TripAdvisor listing to Hostaway
The Hostaway software allows you to connect your listings in 2 different ways.
- Connection by XML - If you have 5 or more listings, you can get a special connection that allows you to create new listings on Tripadvisor.
- Connection by iCal link - This will sync reservation data to manage availability
Both connections do NOT allow you to push rates and LOS details from Hostaway calendar.
Connection Tripadvisor by XML API
Hostaway is proud to say that you can apply for a special XML connection with TripAdvisor!
You can signup for this connection when you have 5 or more listings within Hostaway.
When you have successfully applied for this type of direct connection, you will be able to automatically create new listings inside TripAdvisor.
Please note that the connection DO NOT:
- Allow updating seasonal rate (Can only push the base rate that you can edit in Listing > Edit. When editing, we will push this information to all dates in Tripadvisor. This means that the rates under Calendar will not be pushed)
- LOS will not be pushed to Tripadvisor.
- To push the inventory, you have to set up the iCal once the listing has been created
The time to go live after the signup will depend on multiple factors and may vary from 2 weeks to 2 months.
- Before you start, please ensure you have everything needed to connect:
- All the listings you have and those that you would like to connect to TripAdvisor should be created in Hostaway.
- You have updated all listings in Hostaway: Go to Listings menu then edit every listing and make sure you have updated all fields and content.
- You are willing to sign a special contract with Tripadvisor for the Tripadvisor API connection use.
- Start the connection request:
- Contact email@example.com with your Hostaway account email address.
- You will then receive the needed information to start the Tripadvisor signup process.
- When contracts are signed, we will schedule the push for listing update/creation.
- When the push is completed, you should verify the content
Once a property is live on Tripadvisor, you can connect it through an iCal calendar link under Tripadvisor/flipkey ical in Channel Manager > Channels.
Connection by iCal
- Go to Hostaway channel manager > Channels > activate or configure TripAdvisor.
- Select the listing from the drop-down and copy the Hostaway iCal export link.
- Login to TripAdvisor and import the external calendar in TripAdvisor for this listing.
- Copy the TripAdvisor link for your listing and copy this one in the Hostaway TripAdvisor windows for iCal import.
- Activate the sync and your listings can now be synced.