How to connect an existing HomeAway property to Hostaway
The Hostaway software allows you to connect your listings in 2 different ways:
- Connection by XML - If you have 5 or more listings you can get a special connection that allows you to create listings, push rates and LOS on HomeAway. Read this article for more information.
- Connection by iCal link - This will sync reservation data but will not allow you to push rates and LOS details.
Connection HomeAway by iCal
Once a property is live on HomeAway, you can connect it through the iCal calendar link.
- Before you start, please ensure you have everything needed to connect:
- All listings you have on HomeAway are also created in Hostaway.
- When you log in to HomeAway calendar, you see above the menu the 2 arrows button that has the options "Import & Export" calendar.
- Decide if you wish to include "Tentative reservation requests" as booking or not.
- Setup your connection per listing:
- Log in to your Hostaway account and go to menu Channel manager > Channels.
- Click on "Activate" or "Configure" for HomeAway.
- In the new window at the top, select the listing you'd like to map to HomeAway.
- Copy the Hostaway export iCal link.
- Go to HomeAway > Calendar for this listing, then click on the "Import calendar" option and insert the link and save. You should instantly see that your HomeAway calendar gets blocked for reservations that you have in Hostaway.
- From HomeAway, you can export the reservations. When you get the link, it asks you if you wish to include or exclude "Tentative" (inquiries) reservations. Turn this option off if you do not wish to import them and copy the link.
- Add the link in HostAway where it asks for the import link.
- After completing this verify if all reservations are synced and dates are correctly blocked on both sides.
- When you get an error "HomeAway cannot import iCal": Try a couple of times - sometimes it takes 5 or more attempts to get it implemented.
- Hostaway imports the updated reservations by iCal every 30 minutes. HomeAway imports and updates any iCal calendar every 60 minutes. When you get a reservation in HomeAway and urgently need to block off the dates, block them manually in Hostaway calendar until the new sync comes in.