Airbnb: Listing permits (licenses & compliance)
The Listing Permits feature allows you to manage license requirements from Airbnb directly from Hostaway’s dashboard.
Some countries/regions/cities require special permits to allow short-term rental for the property; Airbnb can reject a listing or enforce long-term bookings if the Property Manager doesn’t provide the necessary licenses & permits, and this feature allows you to manage the process of understanding the requirements and complying with them directly from Hostaway’s dashboard.
Where is this feature available?
The feature is available to all Hostaway customers connected to Airbnb. It will be triggered by the listing export/update and will only be visible if Airbnb requires additional license and permit information from the Property Manager.
Benefits and Limitations
- You create a listing in Hostaway and export it to Airbnb OR successfully map an existing listing from Airbnb to a listing in Hostaway
- Hostaway tries to send the calendar data to Airbnb, but the channel states that the listing can only accept long-term stays unless the required permits are added to the listing’s settings (e.g., You can only host long-term rentals, 30 or more)
- Hostaway updates the Airbnb calendar settings to comply with the long-term LOS requirements from Airbnb (in the example above, the listing’s minimum LOS would be updated to 30 days)
- On the Hostaway Dashboard > Channel Manager > Channels > Airbnb, a warning sign will be visible indicating that an action is necessary for the Airbnb account, specifically "In order to add listing to Airbnb you need to provide additional information"
- If you go to Configure > Import & Mapping and click the warning sign for more details you will be able to:
- View the requirements from Airbnb (detailed list of fields)
- View a URL from Airbnb’s article describing the issue and necessary permits for the region of your listing
- Fill in the required license data
- Send the license data to Airbnb (IMPORTANT: once the licenses and permits data is sent to Airbnb, it’s only possible to update/ resend it after Airbnb’s review, so only send it when you’re sure)
- Airbnb will review the license data (the process can take up to 48 hours)
- Airbnb will approve or reject the data
- In case of acceptance: the enforced minimum LOS restrictions are removed from Hostaway so that the listing can accept short-term rentals as well
- In case of rejection - recoverable: means that Airbnb reviewed the license information, but something is still missing; it's possible to review and re-send the licenses and permits from the channel manager in Hostaway (back to step 5)
- In case of rejection - not recoverable: means that Airbnb rejected the licenses and permits data that were sent, and doesn't allow re-sending it. In these cases, Hostaway won't remove the enforced minimum LOS, and the Property Manager should take only long-term rentals or contact Airbnb about removing the restriction. If the restriction is removed in Airbnb, Hostaway will remove the enforced minimum LOS in up to 24 hours
- Once Airbnb approves the license information, Hostaway will remove the enforced LOS
Why was my minimum Lenght of Stay updated to something I didn’t add myself?
When Airbnb flags that you need to provide more license information to host short-term rentals in the city of your listing, Hostaway will automatically update the length of stay so that your listing complies with the current regulations and you can accept guests. Once the licenses and permits are accepted by Airbnb, we will remove the enforced Lenght of Stay so you can accept short-term bookings again.
I already inputted my license information in Hostaway, but my minimum Lenght of Stay hasn’t been updated back
It can take up to 48 hours for Airbnb to review the licenses data you sent from Hostaway.
I added my licenses data directly in Airbnb, but in Hostaway, the minimum Lenght of Stay hasn’t been updated yet
Once Airbnb reviews your license information, Hostaway will be notified in up to 24 hours and automatically remove the enforced Lenght of Stay from your listing.