1. What is Google Vacation Rentals?
Google Vacation Rentals is a channel that allows you to show your listings when guests search Google for accommodation. Vacation rentals appear alongside hotels, and guests can go to the direct booking website (our booking engine/website) to finalize the booking. Reservations will appear in the dashboard as Google reservations and will have the same options and details as Hostaway direct reservations.
2. What are the guidelines for brand name & logo to be approved by Google?
The logo must be square; at least 72x72 pixels; PNG format; transparent or non-white background; no more than 3 letters.
The name must be user friendly (no: shortTermRentalzHouston or forestcottage; yes: Blue Lake Cabins, Miami Beach Rentals); should be mostly text, and not numbers; capitalized when suitable.
3. Can a set pricing or rules specific be added to Google?
No, Google uses the booking engine so all of the booking engine settings apply to Google reservations as well.
4. Since Google reservations come from the booking engine, how does Hostaway distinguish between a booking engine reservation and a Google reservation?
We use URL parameters for that, which means that it’s possible that some guests who arrive from Google will be marked as booking engine reservations if they don’t book immediately. The other way around is not really possible.
5. How to capture Google Vacation Rentals payments?
Auto-payments need to be set up for Google so that guests are charged correctly.
6. My pictures set in Hostaway are not the same as in Google, why?
Please note that Google will re-order the pictures. This is the same for the main image.
This cannot be changed at the moment.
7. How to see what listings look like on Google once it's published?
Simply click on the Google icon next to the listing in the Listings tab or in the monthly calendar, and it will lead to the listing as appears on google