How to use the Owner Statement Feature?
Before using the Owner Statement, you should read the following articles:
Create an Owner Statement
To create an Owner Statement please follow the next steps:
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Owner Statements
- Click on "New" > Enter a title
- Once created, you can select and come back to a created Statement by clicking on the dropdown menu
- If you create a new statement with the same name as an existing one, it will replace the old one
- The Owner Statement will keep the exact numbers they had at the moment of saving, even if reservations had some editions or if used formulas were modified. That is why you can use the Refresh button that will update the numbers
- The date filters support up to one year
Rental activity and Expenses & Extras
First, you can see a summary depending on the dates and other information you have selected in the filter section.
Below, you will see 5 icons with 5 values. These are the results of formulas that you have previously created. You can select up to five formulas to show. To change them, click on Edit:
Here, you can see a summary of the reservations you received, depending on your selected filters. These reservations will appear on the Downloaded PDF.
You can add as many columns as you wish by clicking on the gear icon on the right hand. The downloaded PDF can support 12-13 columns (in landscape). It will adapt size depending on the selected amount of columns.
- "Guest name" is not a mandatory column
- "Nights" are not the number of nights in the reservation. Are the number of nights that have passed, based on your filters, i.e. a guest checks in on the 1st of September and checks out on the 9th of September. No matter if your filter is Check-in or Calendar, if you are filtering from the 1st of September to the 1st of September, it will show 1 night. Because only 1 night has passed based on this filter
Expenses & Extras
Here, you can add expenses and extras that will appear on the downloaded PDF. To add expenses, click on the add button. Then you can enter all the information. Note that the Amount can be positive or negative. Also please be aware that the column "Categories" will not appear in the PDF.
- In Grand Total, you can select the Formulas you wish to show in the Downloaded PDF
- The system will then add all the formula totals together, with the expenses and extras
Assign Owners and Download PDF
Once you have created your Owner Statement, you will be able to assign this statement to a User and/or download the PDF and send it via email.
To assign it, you first need to make sure that the Owner is set up as a User in Hostaway and give him/her the correct access. To learn more about how to create a new user read this article.
Users with an Admin access level have access to all Owner Statements
Users without Admin level access, but who have 'Create' owner statement permissions can create a statement but once saved they cannot see it until a user with Admin level access assigns it to that user
To download the report, you should click on the Download button. You will get a PDF with all the information you have previously selected. When downloading, please switch to landscape + A4 (this is a one-time setting, the browser will remember the configuration for future downloads)
The expected behavior of the print function is:
- If 10 or more columns are selected then it will display 11pxfor font size and apply zoom 85%
- If 13 or more columns are selected then it will apply line-breaking for column names
- By default, it uses 12px font size
Manage Owner Statements
This tab allows you to filter, delete, archive, and assign owner statements.
- Filtering allows you to search statements and highlights by the owner and see the total sum for that owner
- Archiving and deleting actions are available. Deleting removes the statement forever, and archiving “hides” it from filters but it can be recovered
- Some other already existing options such as assigning statements to users (owners) are available for each of the statements displayed. Please note that user permissions are also considered here to limit filters and actions