1. You first have to enter your Hostaway account and go to the Hostaway API settings or just do it step by step as described below:
- Go to Hostaway.
- Go to Settings > Hostaway API
- Under the Hostaway Public API, you will find:
- Click on the Create button
- Enter a name
- You will see the API key. We will show it only one time! Make sure to save it
You can find more information about the API key in this article.
You will also need your account ID. You can find it in Settings
2. In your VRScheduler account, navigate to Setup > System Settings, scroll down to the API Connections section and click the Add API Connection button.
3. Click on the Hostaway logo.
4. Enter your Hostaway Account ID and API Secret Key from Step 1.
If you are already using VRScheduler and switching to Hostaway from another PMS, follow these steps
Merge the Hostaway feeds into previously setup properties.
Navigate to Setup > Properties.
Filter by Region: Region not Assigned.
For each property, use the Merge Feed To dropdown and select the previously set up property
With both feeds active, the new bookings should exactly match the old. The Master Calendar will allow you to easily review for import errors.
The new bookings created new tasks. Use the Scheduling calendar to schedule the new tasks and update any notes - to match the old tasks schedules and notes.